Have You Seen This!!

Decorating By Charmed Updated 11 Jul 2011 , 7:36pm by Bettyviolet101

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 5:16pm
post #31 of 42

i like regular cake pops. these just seem like normal cakes on a stick... no fun. But then again im a big kid at heart and cake pops are usually for the kids anyway.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #32 of 42

perhaps the section in walmart, "As seen on TV' will carry them soon. looks like a great idea to me. WOnder if you could back a cookie recipe in the middle of the cake or just cookie alone?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 5:48pm
post #33 of 42

I'd be curious about how well this works. I made some cake balls for the 4th. My SIL loved them! Me? Not so much, it's a texture thing. I'd love the cake that is dipped in chocolate more than the mushed cake. Even if there isn't a lot of binder we are still talking about mushed cake.

erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:18pm
post #34 of 42

Glad to know I'm not the only one not crazy about the texture of cake balls. Everyone else I know seems to love them. I'll wait for this product to come to a store near me before puchasing.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:20pm
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

I wonder if it leaves a ridge around the middle. I'd like to see some reviews on it first but looks like it would be easy!

I watched the video 3 times and in the first 3 seconds you see a white coated *pop* being dipped in sprinkles - and i can see a ridge around the middle.........under the white chocolate. icon_sad.gif

Bluhue

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:21pm
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I'd be curious about how well this works. I made some cake balls for the 4th. My SIL loved them! Me? Not so much, it's a texture thing. I'd love the cake that is dipped in chocolate more than the mushed cake. Even if there isn't a lot of binder we are still talking about mushed cake.

I agree! Not sure why when some of us don't like a particular thing then we must be doing it wrong?? I have made cake pops for others enough to know how to make them right, no matter which way you spin it, it is still smashed up cake. Some like that, I however do not. This seems like a great idea for those who don't particulary care for the texture of regular pops.

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:37pm
post #37 of 42

That's why I am all for the "baked" cake pops... texture isnt an issue icon_biggrin.gif

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:54pm
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:

I wonder if it leaves a ridge around the middle. I'd like to see some reviews on it first but looks like it would be easy!

I watched the video 3 times and in the first 3 seconds you see a white coated *pop* being dipped in sprinkles - and i can see a ridge around the middle.........under the white chocolate. icon_sad.gif

Bluhue

You can see they have a ridge at 1:25 on the video also. They're sans coating in that part, and the middle ridge is visable.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:59pm
post #39 of 42

The Babycakes machine also leaves a ridge in the middle, but once you coat it (don't know if twice), it goes away.

I hope this one is not more pronounced and difficult to get rid of.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 7:21pm
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild

Quote:

Quote:

Bluhue

You can see they have a ridge at 1:25
Lollll - i must have blinked at that time - icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Blue

on the video also. They're sans coating in that part, and the middle ridge is visable.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 7:34pm
post #41 of 42
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild

Quote:

Quote:

Bluhue

You can see they have a ridge at 1:25
Lollll - i must have blinked at that time - icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Blue

on the video also. They're sans coating in that part, and the middle ridge is visable.

Lol! Reading magifiers are a wonderful thing! icon_eek.gif

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 7:36pm
post #42 of 42

Its tough but I think its good to have both options. For the fourth I had my bro in law and my sister try my cake pops. My sister loved the texture and said it was like a truffle and she liked that. My bro in law said it was like cake that was not cooked all the way. All a matter of preference. I am always careful about things on tv. We shall see!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%