White Chocolate Cake?

Baking By confectionsofahousewife Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 10:06pm by confectionsofahousewife

confectionsofahousewife Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a wedding cake in a few weeks and the bride wants each tier to consist of a chocolate and white chocolate layer. I have never made a white chocolate cake nor do I have a recipe for one. I was thinking about manipulating my white cake recipe (A better white scratch cake recipe from CC) to be white chocolate by melting white chocolate into the milk before adding it to the recipe but I'm not sure how that will turn out. I am also afraid that white chocolate doesn't have a strong enough flavor for the bride to even be able to tell that its white chocolate cake! Has anyone ever made a white chocolate cake from scratch and have some tips or recipes to try? Thanks!

3 replies
JanH Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:00am
post #2 of 4

Pretty highly rated scratch white chocolate cake recipe:

jewordsoflife Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:20am
post #3 of 4

Here's my favorite! I actually just made this about a week ago for a friend's sister in-law's birthday and it was a HUGE hit. My friends mother even said that it was as fine as any wedding cake that she had ever had, and she was a wedding planner for 10 yrs!! So I think it's pretty safe to say it's a WINNER!! icon_smile.gif Note~ I used BC cake mix though where the recipe says that she likes to use Pillsbury icon_smile.gif

confectionsofahousewife Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for the ideas!! The cake is due in less than two weeks and I still haven't decided what recipe to use. I need to bake a couple trials this week to see what I like best.

Quote by @%username% on %date%