Customer Complaint

Decorating By CakeladiesBMW Updated 10 Jul 2011 , 12:23am by jenscreativity

CakeladiesBMW Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 5

I need HELP!!! I've been making cakes for a year now, and have never had a customer call and complain an hour after I delivered the cake. The customer said she was very disappointed in the fondant and stated there were cracks in one of the borders. When I delivered the cake there weren't any cracks or problems with the fondant!! What should I do???

4 replies
artscallion Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 12:03am
post #2 of 5

Ask her to take some pics so you can see and evaluate.

Pebbles1727 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 12:06am
post #3 of 5

Can you go back and fix it?

jenscreativity Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 12:20am
post #4 of 5

Did you ASK her if she liked it when given to her? If so and she replied yes, then there should be NO complaints. I had a lady do that to me also in the same time frame and I told her that, " I asked you if you liked it when picked up" and that she could've said something right then and there! SO, either she just wanted her money back OR oh well! I told her over and over, that, that is why I asked her in first place and she said yes, so that is that! PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS ONLY IF YOU ASKED HER WHEN HANDING THE CAKE TO HER!!

If not, then you may need to start doing that to be sure and tell the client all you can do is give her the ingredient's money back, but not the labor work's money back. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else.

Best of luck

jenscreativity Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 12:23am
post #5 of 5

BTW: my previous statement is based on looks mainly. I always tell people that once it's given, it's there responsibilty for then on,,(the looks),,she maybe moved it wrong or mishandled it, with not being careful or something..I wouldn't give her money back really, IF that is the case.

Quote by @%username% on %date%