Customer Picked Up A Cake Driving A Motorcycle!

Decorating By KellyJo3 Updated 9 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm by labmom

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 10

I had to share my chuckle today. Luckily it was only for a 6" cake. I had a guy call me for an anniversary cake to surprise his wife with. Very sweet!

He came to pick up the cake today and mentioned he was driving a motorcycle! I make sure to send them a copy of cake transporating instructions to their emails, as well as mention the istructions on the phone as they place their orders and mention them again when they pick up the cake. So apparently, he was ok with driving a cake strapped to his bike, after all of my warnings.

I had to laugh though because it was pretty funny seeing him take off with a cake strapped to his bike. I have a feeling I may get a phone call that it fell off or that the fondant melted in this heat! I hope not though, as he was a very nice customer and seemed very excited to surprise his wife.

I think I may have delivered the cake myself if I had known he was picking it up on a motorcycle! Everyone keep your fingers crossed and say some prayers that his cake makes it to it's destination!

9 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 10

What a lucky lady that gal is! He's brave AND thoughtful.

Cute story! icon_lol.gif

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 10

lol! We are Harley peeps and it is possible to get a small cake a short ride without mishap, but this is where I'd insert my favorite term for men "oh well, he's just a guy."

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 10

your motorcycle pick up sounds like something my husband would do if his bike were running.. lol
but your motorcycle pickup tops my bed of the truck filled with hay and horse feed pick up... this was a full sheet they ploped in the bed of the truck.

I remember when I had my truck.. my grocerys would end up all over the bed of the truck at every stop and start until I got smart and put them in a box then the box went all over the bed of the truck..

i imagine that the cake was going to do the same.. or get smashed by the hay or feed..

It is amazing these people who don't seem to think about pick ups..
one picked up a wedding cake in the trunk of an old car with a rusty trunk
on a 90 degree day and then complained that the frosting melted... glad I don't guarantee the cake once out the door for pickups...

I can't wait to tell my husband about the guy and the motorcycle pickup.

Thank you for telling us about it.

pummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pummy Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 10

lol! icon_eek.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 10

LOL!!!! I had to laugh when I saw the title on your thread ha,ha,ha!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Yupe, sounds like something only a guy would do LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 10

lol! I haven't received a mishap phone call yet! I think it made it yay!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 10

Your post made me laugh.....

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:17pm
post #9 of 10

That had to be a site.....what a guy,,,gotta love him.....cute story.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm
post #10 of 10

have to tell you I thought it sounded like something my husband would do.. well I told him and even he looked at me laughed and said "your kidding right?"
then just rolled his eyes.

Guess all his help in cake delivery all these years has sunk in. lol..

glad no phone calls, but even if it did get smashed a little bit, or melted I am sure she loved it for all his effort. I know I would have!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%