Icing And Fondant

Decorating By chasenboomsmom Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 10:08pm by kharvey

chasenboomsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasenboomsmom Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 4

which icing is the best to use under fondant? i thought buttercream but then i seen under some reviews for recipes that it does not hold up well,,,please help i am making a wedding cake for a friend that is an outdoor event...my nerves are shot from trying to figure out which recipes to pulll and use...any help would be appreciated ...i am also going to attempt to make fondant roses if anyone has any tips on that subject i would also appreciate it...ty in advance

3 replies
kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 4

I have always used the Wilton bc recipe under fondant. I typically will do a crumb icing only so the bc is not too thick. I have had several outdoor, summer weddings and have never had problems with this method. As for the fondant roses, I haven't made them in a while but I found a technique on this site, if memory serves, for a very simple rose. I made them and loved them!! They were simple but elegant. If I can find the instructions, I'll post them on this string for you. Good luck!!

chasenboomsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasenboomsmom Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 4

ty...im gonna try indy debies bc, hopefully ill be able to find the dream whip for it..i am gonna give it a testrun on my sons bday cake today and also give the viva towel method a shot...keepin fingers crossed on smoothness...im gonna watch ednas tutorial again on utube on roses and start them again also..(deep breath) i can do this right???

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 4

You can absolutely do it!!! Make sure to post pics, even of your practice cakes!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%