Champange Cupcakes

Baking By amaryllis756 Updated 11 Jul 2011 , 6:41am by amaryllis756

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 10:34am
post #1 of 8

I was wondering, I don't know much about liquor, or wines. I have a wedding coming up and the bride wants Champange cupcakes. What is the best tasting champange to use? Any suggestions?

7 replies
seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 11:23am
post #2 of 8

Just a word of warning. The champagne cake I make is pink champagne. Whenever I make it as cupcakes, the liners ALWAYS fall off. Works great as cake but not cupcakes. When you find the recipe you want test it on different liners. I don't have the problem with other cupcakes and liners. I think it's the alcohol in the cake.

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 8

I haven't tried this recipe, but it has received good reviews.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/winning-recipe-raspberry-cupcakes-with-champagne-buttercream-frosting-recipe/index.html

**Read the reviews as a lot of people mentioned adding more champagne. This is on my list of recipes to try!

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 1:02am
post #4 of 8

When I make champagne cupcakes, once they come out of the oven I brush them with a champagne reduction...Kinda steps up the champagne taste.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 1:15am
post #5 of 8

I use the cheap champagne and add Lorann's champagne flavoring and it's great. I think I'll try the reduction trick as wellicon_smile.gif

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 1:18am
post #6 of 8

I made pink champagne cake last week and used the cheap "Andres" pink champagne, colored my cake to pink batter and since alcohol evaporates some once cooked, I poke a few little holes in cake and add champagne to soak it a little for that extra flavor and YUMMY! It was soo good, I even put champagne in my buttercream instead of extract and omgosh..sooo good..my hubby couldn't stop eating it and he hates icing!

Enjoy!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 7:32am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenscreativity

I made pink champagne cake last week and used the cheap "Andres" pink champagne, colored my cake to pink batter and since alcohol evaporates some once cooked, I poke a few little holes in cake and add champagne to soak it a little for that extra flavor and YUMMY! It was soo good, I even put champagne in my buttercream instead of extract and omgosh..sooo good..my hubby couldn't stop eating it and he hates icing!

Enjoy!

Now THAT sounds delicious!

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:41am
post #8 of 8

I like the idea of the champange reducution, but how do you do that? Sorry new to this "alcohol in cupcakes" thing. icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%