4 Inch Round Tin

Decorating By racquelle87 Updated 10 Jul 2011 , 3:54am by scp1127

racquelle87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racquelle87 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 7:28am
post #1 of 4

Hey Guys,

Does anybody have a tried and tested recipe for a victoria sponge for a 4 inch round tin? Can't find any recipe's anywhere! Any tips would be much appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
donnella2045 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnella2045 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 10:24am
post #2 of 4

I use Peggy Porschen's recipe for an 8" cake. I don't see why you can't cut it in half. It's a really good recipe. Here it is:

8" pan lined with parchment and greased
Makes 20 cupcakes

1 3/4 sticks salted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/3 cups self rising flour
6 1/2 tbsp sugar syrup (your choice of flavour)

**vanilla cake, add the seeds of a vanilla bean
Lemon cake - add zest of 2 lemons
orange - add zest of 2 oranges

Heat oven to 350.
Place the butter, sugar and chosen flavoring in a mixing bowl. Using paddle, cream together until light and fluffy.
Beat the eggs lightly in another bowl and slowly add them to the butter mixture, while paddling on medium speed. If the mix begins to look a little curdled add a little flour.

Once the eggs and butter are incorporated, mix in the flour at low speed.

**A sponge rises more in the middle so spread the batter slightly higher around the sides of your tin. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch and the sides are beginning to come away from the pan.

donnella2045 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnella2045 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 10:30am
post #3 of 4

I forgot to tell you about the syrup!

Once the cake is baked let it rest on a wire rack about 15 mins.

Prick the top of the cake with a skewer. Using a pastry brush, soak the cake with the syrup while it is still warm. Once cool, remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on wire rack.

The cake is best when it's wrapped in waxed paper, then foil, and left in a cool place or the fridge overnight.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 3:54am
post #4 of 4

Interesting recipe, donnella, thanks for posting. It is now in my "to make" file.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%