Sharon Z.'s Bc...help!!!

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 9 Jul 2011 , 3:02pm by cs_confections

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 5:50am
post #1 of 9

I made it per the directions and tonight since its my 2nd cake and Im beat, I didnt pay attention when I iced the cake...its very smooth and creamy, almost like a whip icing.

Well I was waiting for it to crust to put my BC transfer, and here I am an hr later, and its still very smooth and creamy!!! I can NOT put my transfer on it....do i have to scrape the cake clean and put more PS and start again?

Any ideas? cake due tomm by 10am.

Thanks

8 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:07am
post #2 of 9

Do a search here on the forums. There was one thread recently where Sharon herself was trouble-shooting with a bunch of people on how to perfect her BC.

2txmedics Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:11am
post #3 of 9

How would I start it? I mean what do I type in to find the help, sorry havent had to do that.

thanks bunches!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:21am
post #4 of 9

Ok. If you have a Google search icon in your tool bar at the top of your browser window, type in "Sharon Zambito Buttercream" while you have Cake Central already up. Then click the box with the down arrow and you will get a drop down menu - one option there will be to "search this site". Click that. You will then get a results page for all the forum threads about SZs BC.

HTH.

2txmedics Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 6:35am
post #5 of 9

Thanks so much!!! Im so tired, and ready to go to BED!!!! lol
thank god its for family but still, I'd like to get it done. I appreciate your help

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 10:55am
post #6 of 9

Please let us know what you found out. I've used her frosting exclusively, and it has always crusted. I'm very curious!

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 9

Not sure if you've already finished the cake, but maybe sticking it in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes will help firm it up enough to apply your transfer?

I had to experiment a bit with Sharon's BC at first, but I found the exact ratios that work for me, and I haven't gone back lol . I *love* this icing, and it was worth the trial and error.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:14pm
post #8 of 9

You used hi-ratio shortening right?

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 3:02pm
post #9 of 9

Was your cake room temp when you iced it? I know I've had this issue (with a different crusting recipe) and read about others - if the cake it iced when it is still semi-frozen/super cold, the icing may not crust due the condensation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%