Cricut Cake Questions

Decorating By YoCake Updated 9 Jul 2011 , 1:57pm by tiggy2

YoCake Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 6

Hello....I haven't been on in a long time due to my crazy schedule at my shop, so I've probably missed out on all the conversations concerning cricut cake. I just purchased one a few weeks ago.

I just don't get it. It rips most of the material to shreds...is this normal? I had a few small successes, but it is generally inconsistent. I've frozen gumpaste, fondant, rolled it thin, dried it out, warmed it up, tried icing sheets and rice papers (forget it).

I feel so disappointed because I really want to do some cute things with the cricut as advertised, but they just aren't panning out. Any suggestions or ideas? I'd so appreciate it. Thanks!

5 replies
Tammy21122 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 6

I also bought one and was extremely excited when I received it. I found that the icing sheets from Cricut were dry and broke into pieces.. icon_sad.gif I since have purchased the Wilton Sugar Sheets and they work beautifully. icon_biggrin.gif Good luck

tiggy2 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 6

Check out Linda MCClure's youtube videos and follow her instructions to a "T" and you will have great success. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=silhouette%20%20electronic%20cutter&search=Search&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

YoCake Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you!! I just took a sticky mat from my regular cricut, tried sugar sheets and rice paper, and everything was cut beautifully!! I will look for the tutorial, though!

icingimages Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 2:21am
post #5 of 6

FYI...the premium icing sheets can be left on their backing when putting through the cutting machines. We will have a full line of colored icing sheets coming out as well for ICES.

tiggy2 Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

FYI...the premium icing sheets can be left on their backing when putting through the cutting machines. We will have a full line of colored icing sheets coming out as well for ICES.

thumbs_up.gif Can't wait!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%