MicheleH Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 11:02pm
post #1 of

Can someone give me some insight on how to make a cheetah print on buttercream? My colors are pink/black. Thanks!

5 replies
sweetcakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 1:46am
post #2 of

along with one of my pictures i have 2 or 3 thumbnails that show how i did the cheetah print, its all buttercream, go take a look and let me know if you have questions.

gidgetdoescakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:34am
post #3 of

sweetcakes, you paint the cheetah print and then spray it? How is it the spray doesnt color the cheetach print then, it looks so good....very very well done!!!

step0nmi Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 4:55am
post #4 of

when i did a camo print on one of my cakes I just used the viva method...frosting my cake, pipped on the color i wanted, then smoothed/pressed the piping with a viva paper towel...it was so easy! icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 5:48am
post #5 of

I did one in late May...you can see it on my pics..I used a stencil for the black on pink and then I used an Airbrush to fill in the shaded pink to give the illusion of the cheetah print.

Hope this helps

sweetcakes Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 1:56pm
post #6 of

i do the black and brown part of the cheetah print in buttercream, smooth it with a paper towel and then airbrush ivory on top in various concentrations so there are lighter areas and darker areas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%