Bettercreme Problem! Help!

Lounge By CiNoRi Updated 8 Jul 2011 , 9:33pm by BlakesCakes

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

i'm making a recipe (of 2 cups Pre-whipped Bettercream, 1 package of pudding, 1/2 cup of Kahlua) to be as a filling of a cake...

Mixed it up an it all of a sudden went rather soupy <than whipped>

I poped it into the fridge, and it SEEMS like the pudding mix is thickening it...but im worried that once it comes to room temp it will go soupy again.

What do you think i should do?

Thanks

3 replies
sweetviolet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolet Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not really sure but I would leave it in the fridge for a few hours and then take it out and test it again, see what it does. If it does go soupy again maybe add some powdered sugar and re-whip? Just ideas of what I would try. Hope this helps!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 4

I've never used bettercreme, but I'm just wondering if the alcohol in the Kahlua could be the culprit.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 4

I use the frozen, unwhipped Bettercreme. I always mix my instant pudding mix with hot water until it's like Elmer's glue and then add in some of my whipped Bettercreme to loosen it. I then put it all together & whip it for a minute or so to combine.

I think that amount of Kahlua for 2 cups is a lot and I can see why it might thin the filling too much. I'd definitely suggest adding more Bettercreme to stiffen it, maybe even running a mixer thru all of it for 60 seconds.

Hope it works out.
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%