Diet Coke Label

Decorating By jaidaryan Updated 11 Jul 2011 , 12:27pm by jhndavid

jaidaryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaidaryan Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 10

Hi-
I need to re-create the Diet Coke label for a can cake I am doing. Does anyone know of a template, or the best way to do this? I am terrible at free handing and would love a template or any suggestions.
THank You

9 replies
kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 10

I have had much success with printing things off the internet, and then exacto-knifing them out of fondant.

SAHCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SAHCaker Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 10

The people who've made a Diet Coke can cake and painted it metallic: Can you offer any advice on how many parts silver luster dust with alcohol? I have been having problems mixing the two and being able to get it to paint correctly. When I paint using my mixture, the brush paints clear with specks of silver. I've seen on Amazing Cakes when they paint fondant in gold their mixture, it's really like liquid gold and it paints on like it's an actual gold paint. Am I using the wrong kind of "paint" or are my proportions not right? Thanks in advance!

Tinacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinacakes Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 10

you can search for edible silver or gold paint. I have ordered it in the past, it is a small size, same size as wilton color gels

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 10

I agree with kimmisue2009....The internet is the best place to find images. Then just enlarge it to the size you need. My niece came over about a month ago and wanted my help making a budweiser can for her boyfriend's b-day. She actually printed a label from the computer (she may have photoshopped it) in a very "painterly" looking way. It wasn't the very detailed, crisp image. It was very soft and brushstroked looking. She wanted it that way so that she would not have to paint every little detail but it still looked like a bud label. We just cut the larger pieces out of fondant with an exacto knife using the paper image as a template. For the smaller things (lettering,etc..) we lightly traced them on to the cake and then painted by hand. Hope this helps!

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 10

Get airbrush silver color to paint on..it works great! AND easy!! I don't do luster dusts much anymore unless just to add shine to it, AFTER it's painted gold/silver already!

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:33pm
post #7 of 10

If you don't have an airbrush, they sell silver color in a spray can. I've used it before to paint fondant. Only needed 2-3 layers to achieve the color I was looking for.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 10

You can buy airbrush color (come in little tubs, like americolor ones, but don't have to airbrush it..you just paint it on fondant! No diluting or anything..just use right from the container.

SAHCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SAHCaker Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:54pm
post #9 of 10

To the folks who responded to the painting the silver question: THANK Y'ALL! And to the OP, sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your post but great topic! icon_smile.gif

jhndavid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhndavid Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 12:27pm
post #10 of 10

search in net u ill find the best if u dono to search in net i ill help u

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%