Who Won The Flowers Contest?

Decorating By PeacocksStopBakery Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 6:10pm by fondantgrl

PeacocksStopBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeacocksStopBakery Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 30

I have searched this site all over and I cannot find one single thing about the winner of the Flowers contest. Does anyone know who won and is there a link to see the picture? Why hasn't it been posted or did I miss it? Thanks

29 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:08am
post #2 of 30
FunSugarCookies-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunSugarCookies-Cakes Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 5:09am
post #3 of 30

When the winner will be announced?

Ladyfish74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfish74 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 30

Yes, I'd like to know that too. It would be helpful if we had some kind of time frame to go by for these contests...like 5 days after contest end or a week after contest end...whatever is convenient and doable by those counting the votes.

Traditions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traditions Posted 9 Jul 2011 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 30

So how long will it take before we know something? And how come the picture of my entry is no longer being shown?

PeacocksStopBakery Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 30

I still can't find the winner. I agree, they should list some sort of time frame.

Traditions Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:05am
post #7 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

The voting only ended on 7/5/2011.....

http://cakecentral.com/contests/242/flowers-flowers-flowers-cake-contest-2011

HTH

How much longer? I think we all are getting a little impatient, okay I'm dying to know who won so I'm mega impatient. Do you have any idea?

yvettebbgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvettebbgrl Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 11:43pm
post #8 of 30

I'm dying to know too!!!!!!! They need to hurry up and count those votes already, lol!!!

victoria7310 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoria7310 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 12:41pm
post #9 of 30

Still no news?

Ladyfish74 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:58am
post #10 of 30

This really doesn't give a good impression to people. It discourages us from wanting to enter the contests. It also takes all of the excitement out of the win when you have to keep checking and checking. Instead of "yay I won!!" it's more like "well it's about time".

bunny520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunny520 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:36pm
post #11 of 30

i agree! it ususally takes 10-14 days...its been a bit longer than that!

Ladyfish74 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 7:24pm
post #12 of 30

Yes, maybe they had a six way tie or something weird like that and they're trying to figure out how to handle it....IdK..

WBCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WBCupcake Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:47am
post #13 of 30

Still no word? You know they say "patience is a virtue". lol

victoria7310 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 12:15pm
post #14 of 30

Have they forgotten? A new baby can do crazy things to you!

PeacocksStopBakery Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:40pm
post #15 of 30

Still no word? Wonder when they'll finally post it?

Traditions Posted 4 Aug 2011 , 10:36pm
post #16 of 30

Tomorrow will be one month, how long do you think it will be before something is posted? Don't you think one month with today's technology is excessive? Please just give us an update, if others are like me they have really given up on learning who won. This will influence my decision to enter future competitions, especially since this was my first one.

Ladyfish74 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 2:18am
post #17 of 30

I agree. There is no reason for dead silence on this. At least let us know something...why have contests at all if the participants are treated as if nobody cares? It is true that CC is a great cake community and there are others that we can go to if we feel that we are being ignored, but that goes both ways. If enough people feel that way, there won't be any CC. I for one check in less and less because of this kind of thing. Please just tell us what's going on...short staffed, budget crisis, family illness...WHAT?? We are a pretty understanding bunch and I'm sure we won't riot or have a meltdown if the mods would just check in every once in awhile and communicate.

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 2:53am
post #18 of 30

I'd like to know too, I totally forgot I had entered lol. Just looked at my pic and I have a lot more "favs" than I had before.

victoria7310 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 2:57am
post #19 of 30

Even if a mod would just acknowledge the thread and then check with the powers that be.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 2:57am
post #20 of 30

I would feel bad for anyone who made a cake specifically for that competition. For most, they were cakes we made for other reasons and were going to upload anyway. As for being ignored...yeah, sometimes...by those who created a wonderful site where so many come together to talk/discuss/vent cake but, not by fellow members with whom I like to think I have enough in common, to remain a member. I look at the contests as perks but, definitely not the reason I became a member.

all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 2:58am
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria7310

Even if a mod would just acknowledge the thread and then check with the powers that be.

I sure thought JanH was a mod....

victoria7310 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:11am
post #22 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria7310

I sure thought JanH was a mod....

Yeah but her post in this thread was almost a month ago! Some more recent updates would be nice.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:11am
post #23 of 30

isn't this rediculous ?? even the US Presidential Election give results who the winner is on the same day of the election .. Maybe the people counting the votes cannot really count and are Math deficit or disabled ??? what else could be the reason ??

victoria7310 Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:18am
post #24 of 30

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't even be any counting involved, the voting software should calculate everything.

all4cake Posted 5 Aug 2011 , 3:23am
post #25 of 30

I don't know any of them personally. So, I couldn't say what the reason is for sure. But, a multitude or things could be the matter and with a whole lot more importance than the results of a contest that didn't cost anyone anything to enter...

A family member could be ill...the house caught fire...trying to resolve gliches on the site...or with the magazine...or...or...or...

I do hope nothing is the matter.

bunny520 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 12:40am
post #26 of 30

the winners have just been posted! go to the contest tab and click the flowers flowers flowers link and youll see them! i checked a few hours ago and they werent up but i just checked again and theyre there!

all4cake Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 12:53am
post #27 of 30

Thanks for sharing bunny520!

(Is that tab a new feature?)

bunny520 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 1:54am
post #28 of 30

im not sure if the tab is new or not, but its what ive been clicking lately to see the contest winners (now i can stop haha)

Ladyfish74 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 5:53pm
post #29 of 30

Well Glory BE !!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 6:10pm
post #30 of 30

I saw the winners... well deserved... very nice First Placer... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%