Home Based Vendor In Indiana Hea1309 Petition

Decorating By KaysKreations Updated 8 May 2012 , 10:23pm by cylstrial

KaysKreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KaysKreations Posted 7 Jul 2011 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 10

So many bakers are having so many problems with Indiana's Home Based Vendor law as far as where you can sell or what constitutes a "roadside stand". Depending on what county you are in, a lemonade stand could be considered a roadside stand. I have contacted the Rep. in my county to address the wording, and I have started a petition for a clearer Cottage Food Law or and addendum to HEA 1309.

Here is the link to the petition (let me know if it doesn't work). Also, I have never done anything like this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/indiana-cottage-food-law

9 replies
KaysKreations Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysKreations

So many bakers are having so many problems with Indiana's Home Based Vendor law as far as where you can sell or what constitutes a "roadside stand". Depending on what county you are in, a lemonade stand could be considered a roadside stand. I have contacted the Rep. in my county to address the wording, and I have started a petition for a clearer Cottage Food Law or and addendum to HEA 1309.

Here is the link to the petition (let me know if it doesn't work). Also, I have never done anything like this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/indiana-cottage-food-law

Received a call from my Representative and they are taking a look at the wording and will get back with me. If you are in Indiana, please sign the petition and lets at least get the wording clearer.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 10

thanks for your hard work. Hope to see the signatures come rolling in

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 10

thanks for your hard work. Hope to see the signatures come rolling in

KaysKreations Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 10

Thanks..I sure hope we can get at least the wording clarified and maybe a little more detail!!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 10

Signed! I will be posting this to my personal Facebook page!

KaysKreations Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you so much!! I posted it on my facebook page, but I had to let them know that they had to hit "submit" on the second page, for their signature to count. I think some people were not aware of that! Again, thanks so much, and I will keep everyone updated on where we stand.

KaysKreations Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:53am
post #8 of 10

I am still working on the State Reps, and I urge all Indiana bakers to do so also. Let's get this HEA 1309 straightened out. Please share the link, post to Facebook, or whatever you want to do with it.
Many, many THANKS!!!
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/indiana-cottage-food-law/

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 30 Dec 2011 , 4:38am
post #9 of 10

Kay any update on the petition? TIA

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 May 2012 , 10:23pm
post #10 of 10

Did anything ever happen with this? Did the law get clarified?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%