Random Thought...have You Ever...?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 11:17pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 5

So im looking at all of my cake crumbs.. and was wondering... have you ever made a cake layer using the crumbs? I was thinking of trying to do a middle layer by mixing up my crumbs with frosting to make the "cake pop" consistency- Then pressing it into a cake pan. What do you think?

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:

Ooooh cool!

My original thought was using layer in a sculpted cake... i doubt it could take weight though...I was wondering if anyone had tried it!

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 5

You can also call the crumb and buttercream mixture 'cake spackle'. It works great to fill in areas in sculpted cakes and to help shape it. Just make sure to refrigerate after applying so that it holds up when you frost or cover it.

I've used compressed cake crumbs to stuff around the base of a cake I didn't level because to do so would have taken off too much height. It worked great! Even when it was cut you couldn't tell.

CiNoRi Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

You can also call it 'cake spackle'. It works great to fill in areas in sculpted cakes and to help shape it. Just make sure to refrigerate after applying so that it holds up when you frost or cover it.

I've used compressed cake crumbs to stuff around the base of a cake I didn't level because to do so would have taken off too much height. It worked great! Even when it was cut you couldn't tell.

Ya, i do that a lot, sparkle is a life saver!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%