Cake Leveler

Decorating By CakeCrystals Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 6:34pm by inspiredbymom

CakeCrystals Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I was watching the "Clay Art" video on youtube and came across this clip.

I a leveler with two blades and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen this type of leveler in the states. I know it not agbay leveler, but curious if it's cheaper. I'm going to be doing some searching to see if I can find it, but in the meantime, if anyone know where this can be purchased, please let us know.

4 replies
imagenthatnj Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 5

It's like the Fat Daddio's professional leveler. I think it's a good one for people who don't want an agbay for any reason. I have heard it is good.

leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 5

It IS the FD leveler. Very mixed reviews on here.

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 5

Fat Daddio's leveler doesn't have a round tube frame like the one in the movie. Fat Daddio's tube is more square. But it's very similar.

Nothing can compare to the Agbay, I've heard, but if you want something cheaper or don't want to spend $200 on a leveler...there you go. The Fat Daddio's is everywhere; you'll be able to find it at the different cake supplies stores.

Just don't buy Wilton.

inspiredbymom Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the thread! I dislike both of my wilton levelers and cringed at the thought of the agbay but sometimes its worth the investment when you don't have to fight with your tools!

Quote by @%username% on %date%