It's Been Asked Before...

Decorating By seedrv Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 4:56pm by TexasSugar

seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 4

But the search feature on this site is a p.o.c. and I cant get the thread back. I promised a friend a cake for her son. Hit me this morning that I am returning from vacation the day before I was supposed to give her the cake. Ive read on hear fondant covered cakes can be frozen if well wrapped.

Do I wrap the cake or put it in a cake box and severely wrap the box? Im afraid the saran will leave wrinkle imprints on the cake as it thaws if I directly wrap the cake..

Thanks for your help and apologies for the repeated question.

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 4

Put the cake in a box and wrap the box really well. Keep the box wrapped until the cake is thawed, which will allow the condensation to form on the outside of the box.

As far as the search on here...

1. Do not use the tab that says search. I have never had any luck with it, which is where I think a lot of people run into problems.

2. Use the Search link that is found under the tabs for forums and articles. When using the search, use as many key words as you can, and place the word 'and' between them.

If you just search the phrase "freeze fondant covered cake" you will pull up every post on the site that has any one of the four words in it.

If you search using "freeze and fondant and covered and cake", then it will pull up posts that include all four words in it.

3. You can also use your regular search engine like google. Type in the phrase you are looking for followed by cake central, and it will pull up threads from the site related to your search.

seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Texas!

I searched freeze fondant cake, freeze, frozen; I used the search tab on the forums and limited the search to How Do I or Cake Decorating. Then just searched all forums. Then went to the home page and searched everything! You're right I should have Binged on my own! And I will now give a generous break to people who post the same question over and over..

Thanks again!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 4

Sometimes no matter what combination you do it just doesn't play nice. The biggest key is using the 'and' between everything.

I have no problem trying to find something for someone that has looked, and I do know that the search can be moody. Of course there are still some people that don't bother searching anywhere at all. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%