Cooking Spray Or Butter/flour

Baking By mburkett Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 5:58am by scp1127

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 2:47am
post #1 of 10

What are other bakers using? Do you use cooking spray? If so, with flour, without? Or do you stick with buttering/flouring your pans?

I tend to use the spray (it's just so quick and easy) but I've been finding the edges to be crispy and salty.

Just wondering what others do......Thanks!

9 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:02am
post #2 of 10

I use bakers joy! I love it! Try using baking strips to keep it from getting to crispy on the edges, helps mine! I can't get away from the ease and cleanliness of the spray...the "goup" is just extra time I could use elsewhere lol!

Navyempress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Navyempress Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:23am
post #3 of 10

I used Pam w/ Flour at first, but have had trouble finding it in the stores here lately, so now I use Baker's Joy. I use it for muffins, cinnamon rolls, and other things, too. I love it and highly recommend it.

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:52am
post #4 of 10

I prefer the taste(& smell) of pam for baking but since it is so hard to find and contain who knows what chemicals I make my own pat coating out of canola oil, shortening and flour(equal parts). Works great for me. plus a ton cheaper.icon_wink.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:56am
post #5 of 10

I am totally hooked on the homemade stuff, too...equal parts oil, shortening, and flour (I like a little extra flour), beat with a paddle until white and fluffy, and then store in a tupperware container at room temp. Just brush generously in your pans with a silicone brush. AWESOME.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:24am
post #6 of 10

Home made pan coat for me. Cheap, works great!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:25am
post #7 of 10

I love the homemade too, so much cheaper. Although recently when I sent dh to Costco for a "big tub of Crisco" he came back with liquid fat for a deep fryer! Instead of sending it back I made the cake release with it, just using it with flour, works great! less mixing 'cause no shortening.

teresamariegross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teresamariegross Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:40am
post #8 of 10

I use Pam but have used Bakers Joy. I like both. I don't like doing the oil/flour stuff. Just lazy and like the ease of just spraying on and it's done

joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:53am
post #9 of 10

Bakers Joy for me because it's so easy!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:58am
post #10 of 10

Homemade for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%