Baking Pans - Favorite Brand?

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 10:49pm by Wildgirl

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 6

I hope this is the correct forum....

I've only made sheet cakes that were left in the pan, and I just realized that the only ones I have are the enamel coated 9x13's with rounded corners and edges - not really suitable for dumping out to stand as is.

So, I'm in need to do some shopping. I want to make a wise purchase, but not spend a fortune -- What brand would you recommend? Wilton at JoAnn's? or the double-walled style? Or??

icon_smile.gif

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 6

Magic Line. You will never regret having great tools to bake with.

Wilton - not so much.

Wildgirl Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 6

Great! Where do you find Magic Line?

Wildgirl Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 6

I just googled them - eek - never thought about this -- do I want a 2" or 3" depth?????

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 6

I like really tall cakes, so I have the 3" ones. They take a long time to bake, though! It's a matter of personal preference. Maybe you can buy one that's 2" and one that's 3" and see which you like better. icon_smile.gif

Wildgirl Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 6

Ok, I just ordered online from Chef Tools. Just hope they ship quickly! I did go ahead and do the 2" - I hope that was a good decision.

To get the free shipping I poked around to see what else I could need - and found some natural food coloring by India Tree. The dyes are the one thing that really bothers me about the decorating, so these sounded fun - I'm sure the results won't be identical to the typical colorings, but it will be fun to try them.

Just hope it all comes quickly....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%