Scratch Wasc Strawberry, I Know I've Seen It!

Baking By splymale Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 2:26pm by idontknow

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 5

I know I've seen a thread on CC for variations of scratch WASC, including strawberry, but I can't find it!!
Any ideas or recipe suggestions?
I'm looking for 1 without flavoring or gelatin, that is not overly moist so it can be used in a wedding cake.
Help, please...
Thanks!!!

4 replies
Cargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargal Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 5

I have this one saved in my favorites. I haven't tried it yet though.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/15348/summers-scratch-strawberry-cake

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, Cargal! This cake isn't too moist to sit as a wedding cake?
Any other suggestions?

Cargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargal Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 5

Hard to say, splymale. I haven't made it myself. One reviewer said it was spongy and moist, wouldn't be good for carving. Another one said it would be good for carving. If you find out let me know. I do plan to make it, but probably not for another month or two. Thanks

idontknow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idontknow Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

although I haven't made the strawberry version, I did recently make a lemon version of the scratch WASC recipe which turned out great. I did this by subbing out one third of the the sour cream with a high-quality lemon curd yogurt and using lemon oil instead of almond. I would assume you could do the same for strawberry? that is what I plan to do for lots of different flavours, just sub out some of the SC with a flavoured yogurt, or even make a curd or jam and add that for the flavour you need. You should get the same kind of cake as the WASC gives you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%