Cheesecake Dilemma

Baking By Rosalva123 Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 4:37pm by dmo4ab

Rosalva123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosalva123 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 1:21am
post #1 of 5

hi eveyone!!! and God bless you . Today i ran into a situation and of course i count on anyone and all those who can help me with the knowing of how can i overcome this situation???? i love giving cheesecakes as a gift....but how can i remove a cheesecake from its baking pan of a springfoam to a cardboard without destroying it???? and without giving away part bottom of my pan????? thanks much!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 1:43am
post #2 of 5

I put a cake cardboard in the bottom of my pan before I put the crust in. When it's baked, it lifts right out.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:15am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

I put a cake cardboard in the bottom of my pan before I put the crust in. When it's baked, it lifts right out.

Oooh, fabulous idea, cheatize! I always use a spatula and very carefully and slowly loosen the cheesecake from the pan botton and slide it onto a plate. It's a bit easier when the cheesecake is very cold, but still dicey icon_smile.gif.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 4:58am
post #4 of 5

Another suggestion: Freeze the cheesecake for approximately 30 minutes. You don't need to cover it. Take it out of the freezer and place it a few inches above the stove burner on medium. Make a few swipes across. Remove the ring and lift off the cheesecake with a wide cake lifter. This is how I do it in the bakery. I use very expensive pans that produce a great bottom, so the cardboard would interfere. Also, the parchment on the bottom produces a slightly inferior crust in my experiments.

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Fabulous idea! I must try this the next time I bake a cheesecake. Do you wrap the cardboard first, or just use it bare?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%