What Type Of Filling For Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake?

Decorating By beccageorge1975 Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 5:40am by leafO

beccageorge1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccageorge1975 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Everyone,
I am making a birthday cake for my daughter. I gave her all the gourmet WASC flavors and she chose Red Velvet, Banana & Chocolate Chip Cookie. I have an idea for what filling to use for the first two but am not sure what will go best with the chocoalte chip cookie layer. I am torn between doing a plain chocolate buttercream or making a cookie dough layer to put in the middle of the chocolate chip cookie layers. I would love to hear what everyone else uses for filling for the chocolate chip cookie cake!

Thanks!

Becca

7 replies
robn515 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robn515 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 8

I filled it with vanilla buttercream to make it kind of like those cookie sandwiches that you find at cookie cake places. It was really yummy that way.

JessiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessiesCreations Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 8

I agree, you can't go wrong with a vanilla cream filling.

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 8

I'd make a thin chocolate chip cookie in the same size pan and use that with a thin layer of BC icon_smile.gif

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 8

or a fudge

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 8

Peanut butter BC

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 5:13am
post #7 of 8

I make big cookie layer cakes at my bakery. For the filling, I use "hint of chocolate". I use a base of IMBC or FBC. I add just enough melted (and cooled) semi-sweet chocolate to make a light brown frosting. It is perfect with the cookie because a chocolate chip cookie is not a completely chocolate cookie. This frosting is very good and I've never really seen a recipe for it. I just made it up.

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 5:40am
post #8 of 8

I like to use ganache or peanut butter icing, Yum! Have fun with your cookie cake icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%