Fondant On Top Of Fondant?? Need Help

Decorating By faro39 Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 10:38pm by faro39

faro39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faro39 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 7

Have a problem have covered a 12" cake with fondant think it looks bit messy ive obviously rolled it too thin the problem is should i remove it and start all over or is it possible to cover it with another layer of fondant just wandering any suggestions i would be grateful

6 replies
tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 7

I have very limited experience with fondant, but I do know you can pull it off, re-knead and re-apply the fondant. (I'd scrape off any icing or crumbs)

Practice makes perfect.

*Your cakes are awesome, just re-do it!

Good Luck to you!

faro39 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 7

Ah thanx very much i think i will just take itoff and redo it many thanx again thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #4 of 7

I've done it both ways.

teresamariegross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teresamariegross Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:08am
post #5 of 7

I have never put fondant over fondant. I just take it off, scrap off the frosting, refrost cake and put fondant back on. It takes very little time and allows you to keep your work at the level you want

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 7

I've pulled off more fondant than any one person should be allowed to! I've also on a couple of occasions rolled the fondant so thin that I couldn't get it off. In that case I've misted the cake with water to make it sticky and covered over it with another layer of fondant and it worked out great!

faro39 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 7

many thanx for your suggestions i took it off already refrosted it had to throw fondant out too many crumbs and froting on it.. but if ever im stuc again i think i will try recovering it agin thanx everyone thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%