Candy For "junk" Cake

Decorating By jjandhope Updated 4 Jul 2011 , 4:11am by Cargal

jjandhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandhope Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 3:45am
post #1 of 2

I'm making a cake for a couple who is getting married in the Cathedral of Junk in Austin Txhttp://www.google.com/search?q=cathedral+of+junk+austin&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=NTYRTvKRNNKctwem_pzhDQ&ved=0CBkQsAQ&biw=1282&bih=537. I want to match the cake with the venue and maybe even duplicate some of the junk sculptures. So, I am thinking of a topsy-turvy cake and want to use candy to represent the items commonly used in the structure, such as bicycle wheels, ladders, bedsprings, street signs, old records, tires, wire, rope and more. If you can think of a certain candy that would be particularly good at looking like these or any other junk items, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

1 reply
Cargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargal Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 4:11am
post #2 of 2

Wow! I don't know what to say about that cathedral... Necco wafers would be good for round objects, such as wheels and recors. You could use food safe pens to make designs. Black twizzlers ropes can be used for tires and rope. I'd also look at a candy shop. They may have things like candy legos, wax soda bottles, bottlecaps, etc. Candy sticks (aka candy cigarettes back in the day) would work good for sign posts. Sounds like a cake to have a lot of fun with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%