Strawberry Filling With Rich's Bettercreme

Baking By jewordsoflife Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 1:05am by jewordsoflife

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 3:42am
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for some help on how to make a strawberry mousse like filling with Rich's pre whipped Bettercreme that won't require refrigeration. Can anyone help me please? TIA!!

7 replies
jewordsoflife Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone? icon_smile.gif I know there are lots of Bettercreme users out there. Surely someone has made a strawberry filling. I've only just begun using the prewhipped and would really appreciate some help icon_smile.gif
TIA

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 8

Can you make buttercream and whip strawberry preserves into it? I've made willows strawberry filling & everybody LOVES it.

ashya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashya Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:36am
post #4 of 8

I mix strawberry icing fruit into my buttercream. you can find it at your local cake supply store it's made by ck.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:38am
post #5 of 8

You can whip some seedless strawberry preserves into it after has whipped to how much you want it. Just put some into the bowl and let it mix for a few seconds to get incorporated. I love the Better Creme, don't you?
evelyn

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:41am
post #6 of 8

I made strawberry mousse with bettercream and strawberry jelly but most of the time people ask for fresh strawberries as filling instead of the mousse

jewordsoflife Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:57am
post #7 of 8

I could try mixing some jam up in a bowl and see how I like it, but with Rich's pre whipped Bettercreme it's kinda tricky because you have to fold in whatever it is you're mixing it with. And while I really like the taste of Rich's, not everything tastes right when mixed with it. I've tried mixing it with a sleeve of raspberry filling and I did not like that at all. I also tried tweeking it by adding some Lorann raspberry oil and I still didn't care for it. What is willows? Is that a brand of jam?

jewordsoflife Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 1:05am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by misabel99

I made strawberry mousse with bettercream and strawberry jelly but most of the time people ask for fresh strawberries as filling instead of the mousse

Do you just use slice strawberries? Doesn't that cause the cake to slide at all? I made a cake with bavarian cream filling and sliced strawberries and my cake started sliding. I figured that the strawberries probably started juicing when they came in contact with the sugar/bavarian cream icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%