Gumpaste Figurines!

Decorating By PastrySwaggaPro

PastrySwaggaPro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PastrySwaggaPro Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 1

So I work at Michaels Arts and Crafts, probably the best retail can get for a teenager. I have the idea of making a Michaels inspired basket cake with all the fixin's of yarn, paint brushes, clearance signs (i.e., was 9.99 now 0.01...lol), glitter, beads, flowers, all made out of gumpaste and sugar! NOW....the figurines...of the managers...lol. Here it goes!

Shaun - Store manager - has a "wtf" look on his face

Caryn - Assistant manager - all smiles, hands on hips

Sue - Floral manager - Angry, kind of anal, and frustrated look on face

Lilian - Arts and crafts manager - nervous, shocked look with hand on open mouth

Kurt - the loner framing manager - facial hair, mustache, almost balding, kind of has the homer simpson hair goin for him, but still thick at sides, hands behind back, just an open mouth.

Hahaha, i'm pretty thrilled. How would I make facial hair on gumpaste figurines? And how would you guys suggest standing them up if I were to align all of them on the sides of the cake?

I was thinking of giving them fangs...hahahaha

Or sitting at the ledge of the basket overlooking the yarn, paintbrushes, flowers and all the madness!

I really do love all my managers, cause it's once in a blue moon you get along with all of em. I wanna make this perfect.

Thanks!!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%