Can I "like" Another Caker's Fb Page!?!?!?

Lounge By ConfectionsCC Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 11:53pm by mombabytiger

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 7

I like this other cake lady's page...one problem, she lives like 7 miles from me! LOL! I don't want her to think I am stalking her, or stealing her designs or business, I just really enjoy looking at what she cranks out every week!! She does some cute stuff! I don't know if its inappropriate, or just plain weird for a local up and coming caker to "like" another caker's FB page icon_redface.gif What do yall think?
Another thing, she does a LOT of sheet cakes, which I do not do at all. Seems like she does like 20 cakes a weekend easy...I prefer to keep it to a max of 5! LOL
If ya'll wanna look, here is her page!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cake-Designer-llc/101407683239205?sk=wall

6 replies
ConfectionsCC Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 7

Oh, and if the owner of that page just happens to be a CC memeber, I would love to hear your thoughts, just a little embarrassed icon_redface.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 7

I "like" the pages of other cake ladies near me...I don't think it's a big deal.

She does do really cute work...she needs a bit more light when she's taking pictures, but lovely cakes for sure!

ConfectionsCC Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 8:22pm
post #4 of 7

LOL yea, She does need better lighting, but the cakes are what shes selling, not photos LOL! I guess I am feeling like I am in elementary school again "what if she doesn't want to be my friend" type insecurity going on LOL!!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 7

I "like" several pages of cakers within 20 miles of me. I'm just a hobbyist, and I love seeing what they are doing.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 7

There are over a thousand people that have liked her page, I seriously doubt she checks out everyone that does. Unless you start posting a lot of comments she may never even know you are local to her. And even if she does, as long as you are liking her page to enjoy her work, rather than steal away customers or post negative things, then I don't see why she would have a problem with it.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 7

I have no idea who most of the people who like my page are. Don't have time to figure it out. I am friends with several cakers in my area. None of us think anything about it. I've used a couple of them as resources when I needed a question answered. There's enough business out there for everybody.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%