What Color To Use For A Cream Color Fondant?

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 3 Jul 2011 , 8:47pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 9

ANyone give me advice on what color I should use to give my fondant cream colored to go with a gold bow? Should I use a little brown, or beige? I have to make sure I don't mess up the color and it will go with gold accents?

Thanks so much

8 replies
jenscreativity Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 9

anyone know how to make this look best? To go with gold,,should I use brown or cream to give it a cream color?

Thanks!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 9

I have used a touch of Wilton ivory as it has that beige and would look nice. Don't use too much and you should get the color you want.

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 9

I like to use ivory and add just a bid of cooper but very little though!

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 9

I agree with the Ivory/Copper combo. Just be very careful, a little goes a very long way icon_smile.gif [/quote]

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 9

Ditto on the ivory/copper, AND double ditto on adding your color just a touch at a time.

The adage that you can add more, but you can't take it out is never more true than when working with food color.

mommakristin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakristin Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 9

I use Americolor. I use a very small amount of brown VERY SMALL. It always works for me. If it gets to dark they have White color and you can tone it down with that.

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 5:57pm
post #8 of 9

I used Americolors Ivory and it gives a very nice off white creamy color. I only used very small amounts of the color

jenscreativity Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 8:47pm
post #9 of 9

AWESOME feedback! I ended up using Wilton Ivory color very slowly and I'm happy with the outcome. I want to try others but don't have time to order those colors or brands.. Thank you everyone sooo much! So sweet because of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%