You Will Be Amazed Watching This Video Clip!!!!!

Decorating By infinitsky Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 5:31pm by OhMyGanache

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:28am
post #31 of 41

I did some looking around and found that there is a product called pour n whip. You have to use it cold and in a cold room. It is a cream product but it is really stable. Sounds interesting enough that I want to look some more!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 1:11am
post #32 of 41

Thanks for sharing that! It's mesmerizing. I'd have a really hard time spinning with my left that fast and long while doing the harder part with my right! But I really enjoyed it.

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 1:50am
post #33 of 41

Wow! Anybody know where I can get a motorized turntable? icon_biggrin.gif

I'm so doing this tomorrow! Just gonna set the turntable a spinning with no fear, and spatulate away! The buttercream is gonna fly in my kitchen tomorrow! icon_lol.gif

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:18am
post #34 of 41
addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:23am
post #35 of 41

I think the frosting they must be using is something like FlavorRight. I wish I could purchase it locally.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:46am
post #36 of 41

They're using whip cream...we use a whip topping at work that is that exact consistency. And a hand spun turn table...some amazing talent in those videos for sure. Thanks for the link

Lili5768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lili5768 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 4:24am
post #37 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by addietx

motorized turn table
http://www.kopykake.com/cd_turntables.html

Thanks! Not too expensive either! Definitely putting it on my to get list!

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 4:57am
post #38 of 41

all of this can be done if you learn pottery and clay making. They using the same technique.

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 11:40am
post #39 of 41

Waaaaw

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 4:20pm
post #40 of 41

I have done pottery for years and my pastry skills have really improved my pottery, but it's cool to think that I can use more pottery skills on my cakes. I just wish my turntable could turn that fast!!

Tami icon_smile.gif

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 5:31pm
post #41 of 41

I am pretty sure it's meringue they are using - I don't think any whipped icing is thick enough to hold it's shape while the turntable is spinning that fast. Also, in this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0whGWVfxLs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL ), pause it at the very beginning to see the finished cake and it looks as if they took a torch to the meringue. I thought I also noticed it on one of the other cakes, but I don't have the time to sit and watch them all again.

The turntable she is using is not motorized and she spins it in opposite directions using her fingertips. I do think it's not the normal turntable and using ball bearings and is pretty well lubed up to spin that fast. I'd love to have one that spun that smoothly!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%