Collapsed Cake!!

Decorating By stollan Updated 3 Jul 2011 , 11:02am by batterupcakery

stollan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stollan Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 9:08am
post #1 of 2

i'm in the middle of a divorce, moving house and trying to find a new job (cake making is on the back burner at the moment, although everyone still wants one made - how can u say no).
my big fridge, all my baking equipment and plenty of space to get creative is still at my other house....i've back to my mums (with the 3 kids) and she does not have the space for me to carry on nor is her minute fridge big enough for me to chill my cakes effectively, e.g.
a friend asked me to do a leaving cake - 3 tiers - done everything right, used dowels, separate cake boards. took me ages and looked real good however as i wasnt able to chill the cake by the time i went to pick up my friend to take the cake to the party (30 miles away) the cake had totally collapsed. By the time we got to the party I was mortified - after all the money i spent (and time) there was no way i could charge him. complete waste of my time.
too embarrased to show a piccie it was that bad icon_sad.gif
apart from cake boxes is there a better way to transport cakea cross country??? also where can i put a large fridge in my mother's "already full with my rubbish" house??

1 reply
batterupcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
batterupcakery Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 11:02am
post #2 of 2

Did you run a sharpened dowel through the center of the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%