Anyone Ever Use Bettercreme & Fresh Whole Raspberries..

Baking By cocobean Updated 4 Jul 2011 , 8:18am by misabel99

cocobean Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 5:37am
post #1 of 9

Wondering if anyone has ever used bettercreme? ( from Sam's Club) and fresh whole raspberries for filling. How did it hold up? Just got a first request for it and wondering. Also, do you dare rinse off the raspberries. It doesnt seem like you can ever get all the water out of them.

8 replies
cocobean Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 2:28am
post #2 of 9

...any experience?

cocobean Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 3:45am
post #3 of 9

...still need imput. Thanks

misabel99 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 3:53am
post #4 of 9

I use strawberry without any problem!!!

Kitagrl Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 4:24am
post #5 of 9

I don't use bettercreme, but I've used fresh raspberries and mousse in cakes before. I usually pinch the berries in half so they are not so bulky so I can put mousse under and over them, to help the cake stick together better.

I think raspberries is one of the fruits you really just can't wash. They are very fragile. I wash all fruits and veggies except raspberries.

cocobean Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 4:25am
post #6 of 9

misable99, you use fresh strawberries with only the Bettercreme, in between the layers of a wedding cake. Sorry, just want to make sure how long you think the texture of the bettercreme stays sturdy! Thanks for helping me figure this out!

cocobean Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 4:29am
post #7 of 9

kitagirl, thats what I was afraid of. Rinsed raspberries can't ever be dried as well as strawberries. I would lean to not rinsing them also for this. Thanks for your imput!

misabel99 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 8:17am
post #8 of 9

cocobean

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:25 am   Post subject:
misable99, you use fresh strawberries with only the Bettercreme, in between the layers of a wedding cake. Sorry, just want to make sure how long you think the texture of the bettercreme stays sturdy! Thanks for helping me figure this out!
Yes I use fresh strawberries between the layers without any problem, sometimes I use fresh bananas too.

misabel99 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 8:18am
post #9 of 9

cocobean

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:25 am   Post subject:
Yes I use fresh strawberries between the layers without any problem, sometimes I use fresh bananas too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%