Smoothest Buttercream Ever!

Decorating By MeghanCullins Updated 3 Jul 2011 , 4:49am by cakeflake80

MeghanCullins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeghanCullins Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:02am
post #1 of 7

I just tried the Melvira Method of smoothing buttercream using a high density foam roller. I'm so excited about how well it worked. I just wanted to post how smooth it made it. I would definitely recommend this method!

6 replies
kimma1299 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimma1299 Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:16am
post #2 of 7

what is the melvira method? Just curious as I am always trying to get mine smoother.

MeghanCullins Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:21am
post #3 of 7

It's pretty much just using a high density foam paintbrush roller. I finally got to try it today, and it is so fast and easy!
Here is a Link to the tutorial!
http://cakecentral.com/articles/126/quick-easy-smooth-icing-using-a-roller-melvira-method

sappy42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sappy42 Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:42am
post #4 of 7

Where is everyone finding this item? Looked on Lowes website and all they show is the strip, not the roller. I already do the Viva method, wanna try out the Melvira!

JenTwirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenTwirl Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:52am
post #5 of 7

You can purchase them at Wal-Mart. They are incredibly in expensive so you can buy lots of back up rollers!

MeghanCullins Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:54am
post #6 of 7

I found mine at home depot with all of the other paint rollers. Hope you find one! This was so much easier and way faster than the viva paper towel method!

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 4:49am
post #7 of 7

I've been using this method for over a year and I don't think I could do cakes without it! It works perfectly every time (well...except on the random finicky batches of buttercream)! I got my rollers at Lowes, in the paint roller section. It says high density right on the package. My Walmart doesn't carry them, unfortunately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%