Fat Daddio Cake Leveler

Decorating By KayMc Updated 3 Jul 2011 , 12:34am by KayMc

KayMc Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 4

I'm an occasional cake hobbyist. I say occasional, as I only bake cakes now that have a purpose, as we do NOT want cakes sitting around the house, waiting to be eaten by us.

That being said, I love cake decorating, and have a decent collection of tools so far. I want to know what owners of the Fat Daddio cake leveler think of the product. I looked on the internet, and can't find any reviews.

Has anyone purchased this? Does it do the job? I now that the Agbay is the gold standard, but I have trouble justifying it at this point.

Please, if you've used/purchased this leveler, please let me know what you think of it. Thank you so much!!!

3 replies
threeforhim Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 4

I have it. It's better than the Wilton leveler as it has an actual blae instead of a wire. I hope to upgrade soon to the Agbay, though.

annie84 Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 4

I have it and I hate it. The blades don't always stay in place and then your cake is unlevel. If you tighten the blade more so that it doesn't move, the spring pops off and you can't tighten it all. I would recommend not spending any money on it.... Fat Daddio pans on the other hand are great

KayMc Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 12:34am
post #4 of 4

Thank you SO MUCH for this info. I almost bought one yesterday, and decided to check here first. thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%