Hello cookie makers!
Those entries for last months theme were so creative!! As the first poster of birds & blossoms cookies from June, JMGB got to choose this months theme. And the theme for July 2011 is. Christmas in July. That means that ANY cookies you make related to that theme fits. Have fun creating and being creative!!!
Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (based on Cake_Princess' original post from a few years ago):
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnt a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). ** in cases where there are technical difficulties with the CC site, it is OK to post your pictures in your photos on CC and put the link in the thread.
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!! (** unless technical difficulties prohibit us from attaching pictures directly in the thread)
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).
* The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by the first person to post a picture the previous month. That person should PM Bonniebakes with your theme choice before the month is over so that the new thread can be started on the 1st of the month (or within a day or two from the 1st).
Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!
I already have mine planned out and, hopefully, will find time to make them this week.
I hope someone's planning to do a cookie this month . . . I'm starting to get a complex. Last year, when I was allowed to choose the theme, nobody made anything. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again this time!!!!!
oh my... no posts yet?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I would've done something!!! I used to be on CC all the time, but last August I started med school and my caking all went down hill from there.... lol
I have made several batches of cookies this summer, but haven't posted in my album yet. I hope there is an August theme and I will participate in that one! Maybe if no one posts this month, you can get another chance to pick a theme for August?
I've been out of town all month, but I really wanted to do some cookies for this theme. Any chance we could have it again in August? (Well, I guess we'd have to call it "Christmas in August" instead of "Christmas in July", but you get what I mean). What a bummer, JGMB, but no reflection on you - your cookies are great and I love this theme!
I wasn't getting any notices for this and totally forgot this month!
I believe the theme is good the problem in my opinion is that a lot of us were busy with vacations and kids at home but here are some cookies that could have been my Christmas ornaments given that family is the most important part of it along with Jesus of course.
family is the most important part of Christmas along with Jesus of course.
This cracked me up and reminded me of what my very irreverent Reverend said to me one day, "Easter just wasn't Easter without my Aunt's almond coffee cake. Yeah, there was the resurrection and all that, but that coffee cake. . ."
Anyway, thank you for posting such beautiful cookies during my theme month. Now, I don't feel so bad!
Do we have an August theme?
here's the august theme thread...