Where Did You All Get You'all Logos

Business By DALIG Updated 2 Jul 2011 , 10:01pm by Dreme

DALIG Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 2:49am
post #1 of 9

Hey guys, can any one tell me where did you all got your logos from, i just tried a web page that it said it was free but it turned at that after making the simplest logo ever (i can do one better in my self) it cost 69 dlls. so not worth it, so what did you all do did you pay or did you all do it your selves.[/list][/list][/code]

8 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 3:37am
post #2 of 9

I did it myself. You can find tons of fonts for free online at sites like dafont, just find the one you want and then use paint or one of the free photo editing programs to make it.

lorieleann Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 4:31am
post #3 of 9

my husband is a graphic artist and illustrator, so he did mine. i got lucky thumbs_up.gif

If $69 is too much then you pretty much are stuck doing it yourself. Keep it simple and make sure everything you use is free. You don't want to to snag and copy a piece of clip art that is not royalty-free. Good luck.

jason_kraft Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 9

I have a graphic design background so I put together our logo, if you have a college nearby with a graphic design program you may be able to hire a student to put one together for you. You may even be able to pay them with cake. icon_wink.gif

carmijok Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 9

I don't know...maybe it's because I was in advertising for so long, but to hear that you could 'pay a graphic designer in cake' (student or not) denigrates that profession as much as someone who says they can get the same cake at Walmart for half the price.

If you're just wanting a logo to slap on a business card, then fine...but if you want an image...a brand...then hire someone who knows what they're doing--someone who can create an unique image for your business that is yours alone to use as a foundation to build your business.

Remember in graphic design as in cake...you get what you pay for.

RussellsCakes Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 9

If you plan to make a real push for your business and want it to survive. Focus on QUALITY in every thing you do! That includes your logo. If you aren't 100% confident you can produce a quality logo yourself, save and wait until you have the money to have it done professionally. I had mine done by a large, prominent ad agency in my area. I got a discount through a connection I have. It cost me $100. I can put you in touch with my graphic designer if you would like.

RussellsCakes Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

I don't know...maybe it's because I was in advertising for so long, but to hear that you could 'pay a graphic designer in cake' (student or not) denigrates that profession as much as someone who says they can get the same cake at Walmart for half the price.

If you're just wanting a logo to slap on a business card, then fine...but if you want an image...a brand...then hire someone who knows what they're doing--someone who can create an unique image for your business that is yours alone to use as a foundation to build your business.

This was posted right as I was posting. My girlfriend does consulting for veterinary practices. Her company stresses brand recognition. What you want in a logo is that anytime anyone sees your logo, or colors or shapes associated with your logo, they should think of you.

erin2345 Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

I don't think paying anyone in cake is a bad thing! It doesn't hurt to ask - I've traded roofing work for cakes as well as had a lawyer draft some things up for me in exchange for a tiered cake. People love a good (free!) cake!

Dreme Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 10:01pm
post #9 of 9

I used to be a graphic designer, so I did mine myself.

Just looking a couple of steps ahead it helps to have a logo/branding that:

1. Is simple and works on most things whether it be web or print. Think about how your logo will look if it is shrunk, blown up large, embroidered on a chef coat, printed in black and white, etc.

2. That is easy for the consumer to recognize and remember.

3. That literally works for you. It's needs to be everywhere and on everything you do. All of your forms, product packaging, your website, your emails, samples, facebook, twitter...etc. Anywhere a potential customer is get your brand there if you can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%