Starbucks Cakepops Vs. Your Cakepops

Baking By MrsL Updated 2 Jul 2011 , 7:24pm by JanetP

MrsL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsL Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 12:46am
post #1 of 14

Just curious-has anyone heard customers/friends/family compare your cakepops to Starbucks cakepops? To anyone selling cakepops-is the supply at Starbucks hurting your business?
Just looking for some feedback. I personally haven't tried the cakepops at Starbucks, but I think I will out of curiosity

13 replies
TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:17am
post #2 of 14

I make cake pops all the time but I don't sell...yet. When Starbucks first started selling them we HAD to try them...no one in my family liked them.

You should go try one...then tell us what you think! icon_smile.gif I'm curious what others think as well!

Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:25am
post #3 of 14

They were yucky, the only one that was kind of good was the vanilla birthday cake one

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:36am
post #4 of 14

They are small for the price. But it is Starbucks...

StacyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyN Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:43am
post #5 of 14

Me and couple of my friends tried them when they came out and we thought they were gross! I have never made cakepops and actually have never had one besides the one from Starbucks!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:48am
post #6 of 14

I had the tirasimu (sp) flavor and it was decent....I wouldn't say it was gross. I'm not a huge cake pop fan but I thought it was fine.

CakeMixCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMixCakery Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 2:00am
post #7 of 14

I like my cake pops better. The ones from Starbucks taste to artificial for me

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 2:23pm
post #8 of 14

No contest, seeing how my cakepops are made from all natural ingredients and their are made from all artificial ingredients - and that came from the coffee guy behind the counter!

hvanaalst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 14

I have had many friends tell me they bought ones at starbucks and they are not anywhere close to being as good as mine. They all say that they don't taste freshly made.

nikki4199 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki4199 Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 2:43pm
post #10 of 14

Starbucks should stick to coffee what there good at. I bought the birthday one for my three year old who eats anything sweet. he took one bite and threw it away. It looked almost raw inside.

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 5:10pm
post #11 of 14

I tried the Rocky Road cake pop a couple days ago, and I found it to be pretty tasteless. How can chocolate, marshmallow and nuts have no taste? I did think their salted caramel bars were pretty good, though.

Mrs_Cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_Cupcake Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 5:21pm
post #12 of 14

I've never made cake pops but somebody bough some into the office from Starbucks and I agree with the previous comments about them being tasteless. Not good at all.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 7:09pm
post #13 of 14

This makes me want to go try them for pure curiosity sake. I'm not a huge fan of cake pops/balls, but my bible study group loves my chocolate cream cake balls. I've been told they taste like a Ding Dong. (don't know if that's a compliment or not...lol...)

JanetP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetP Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 7:24pm
post #14 of 14

The birthday cake pop tastes exactly like underdone sugar cookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%