Anyone Know A Great Caramel Cake Recipe??

Baking By jenscreativity Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 9:26pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 15

I haven't found much on CC recipes for caramel cake and I need to make one asap. Anyone know one either by WASC technique or homemade? Please help..

Thanks so much!

14 replies
jenscreativity Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 15

anyone at all, please??

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 15

I have a caramel cake recipe from scratch on my blog. It is the one I used in my bakery. http://thebaKINGway.wordpress.com Have a great weekend and holiday!

LaWmn223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaWmn223 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 15
aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 15

Have you looked at the WASC method starting with the Duncan Hines Caramel cake mix?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 15

I'm all about taking my two basic recipes (white and chocolate) and modifying them. I take my white cake recipe (use whatever works for you) and use brown sugar instead of white sugar, use whatever combo of whole eggs and whites I feel like at the moment, add the vanilla called for in the recipe and at least that much caramel flavoring.

Well, that may not have been any real help.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 15

Look under macsmom name and google her recipe site. She has one on their. I just got all the ingredients to make it. I made her banana one and it was delicious. hth

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 15

I'm not sure if I can help you, because I don't have a recipe. If I were to attempt a caramel cake, I think I would first look for a caramel box mix, or if that isn't available, a golden yellow one. Then use the WASC recipe but instead of sour cream, add the same amount of melted caramel candies (squares wrapped in cellophane, or caramel sauce that you pour over ice cream). This technique is similar to the Milky Way cake, where you melt candy bars and add to the batter. If you don't mind a hint of chocolate, Milky way now makes a bar that is all caramel dipped in a light coating of milk chocolate.
I have no idea if this will work; you might want to make a test cake.

You could also add melted caramel to your icing. Or I have a recipe for caramel icing made with brown sugar that gets raves (for my birthday, I always request a devil's food cake with caramel icing), but it is at home and I am at work. I can get it posted tonight.

Here is a recipe for scratch caramel poung cake from allrecipes.com that has good reviews:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/caramel-pound-cake/detail.aspx
also: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/caramel-cake-i/detail.aspx

Good luck! Let us know what you eventually decide to do.

Best wishes from Seattle

jenscreativity Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 15

Bakingpw: can I use that recipe with caramel buttercream icing?

Aggiechef, what flavor cake then do I use?

Thk you so much up all!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:55pm
post #10 of 15

My caramel icing recipe is the same as that if TheBakingWay.

Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:56pm
post #11 of 15

I made this one a few weeks ago....the girl I got it from called it a Snickers cake. The sponge is a very dense caramel.

Snickers cake

1 glass=200ml
Caramel sponge

2 eggs
2 glasses of self raising flour
1 glass of sugar
0,5 tin of caramel
1 glass natural youghurt

Fresh cream filling

400 ml. fresh cream
2table spoons of sugar

Caramel filling

2/3 tin's of caramel
100 g soft butter
80-100 g roasted peanuts

Chocolate filling

100 g dark chokolate
50 ml. milk

To moist the sponge

1/4 glass of water
2tea spoons of sugar

Sponge. All ingriedients mix with a mixer. Half of the mixture put in to the cake tin (23cm). And bake for about 15min in 180C. So You have to make 2 sponges out of that mixture. Let it cool and cut in to halves (You'll have 4 all together).

Whipp cold fresh cream with sugar ant put in the fridge. 

Caramel cream. Mix soft butter with a mixer until it's white and fluffy. Add caramel (room temperature) and mix all together.Put chopped roasted peanuts and mix.

Melt chocolate in a milk and Let's start puting the cake together 

I allways make my cakes in a cake tin. So... put 1 sponge, moistening it wit some water and sugar, put some chocolate mixture on top, add half whipped cream, put 2nd sponge, moistening it with water, add caramel cream with nuts, 3rd sponge, moistening with water, chocolate mixture an another half of cream and last sponge on top. 

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 6:05pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenscreativity

Bakingpw: can I use that recipe with caramel buttercream icing?

Aggiechef, what flavor cake then do I use?

Thk you so much up all!

Duncan Hines makes a caramel flavored cake mix, and then I was going to suggest following the recipe as normal, but the person who suggested the melted caramels instead of sour cream may have the better idea.

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 8:39pm
post #13 of 15

I would use a buttercream with caramel added.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:05pm
post #14 of 15

This person used to teach a class on making his caramel cake. And long ago, people were raving about it and begged for the recipe, until she put it on her blog.

http://blogs.kqed.org/bayareabites/2006/12/24/caramel-cake-the-recipe/

Tons of people baked it from the Daring Bakers group, and I think they all had good experiences.

http://linda.kovacevic.nl/archives/265-Daring-Bakers-Caramel-cake-with-caramel-buttercream.html

jenscreativity Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:26pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks to all, as always! I'm soo undecisive on which one to try,,so I'm going to try one that hits me most, then test the others also! Again, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%