Dessert Tables: Resource For What To Charge

Business By QueenOfSweets Updated 20 Apr 2014 , 6:47am by dessertnetcafe

QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 8

I have been getting more and more requests for dessert tables lately but have been unsure about exactly what to charge. I have my price matrix to help me calculate what to charge for my cakes, but I had never seen anything similar to help with dessert tables. So, I spent some time with my friend Excel and came up with a spreadsheet to help me calculate what I should charge for Dessert Tables. This would also work for Candy displays as well.

I've seen a lot of posts on here asking about what to charge for these items, so I thought I would share my spreadsheet with all of you in case others might find it useful. The first tab of the spreadsheet is the template. I've also included on the second tab an example of a previous dessert buffet that I did to help illustrate. I'd love any feedback that you might have on how to improve this as well!

UPDATE: So I can't seem to get the spreadsheet to post as an attachment. I've posted it on Google Docs here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap7j9a5U41GodDEyYTFuU0FWWk1hMTJRdEtoNHhFS0E&hl=en_US

7 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 8

Well done QueenOfSweet - well done indeed.
I liked your example page - it was as clear as day... thumbs_up.gif

Very easy to navagate and very easy to read the entire layout. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Bluehue-

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, I've been looking for something like this!

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 8

That's pretty much how I do it. Very good chart.

spicynsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spicynsweet Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much for this! I have been racking my brain for an event coming up in September. thumbs_up.gif

PetitsDelices Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PetitsDelices Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 10:48pm
post #6 of 8

I work in excel alot... too much, and this is the perfect spreedsheet, simple to use, everything has been thought of...  Thank you so much for sharing.  icon_biggrin.gif

SweetNeddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNeddy Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 3:08am
post #7 of 8

Your template is just what I needed.... THANK YOU!!

dessertnetcafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dessertnetcafe Posted 20 Apr 2014 , 6:47am
post #8 of 8

Good Worksheet. Love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%