Help With Storing Cakes

Decorating By ricksgal Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 6:50pm by ricksgal

ricksgal Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 4

hello ladies,i am new here and i have been checking out everyone's ideas and anwers to things i was wondering if any of you ladies could help me i need to do 5 cakes this weekend i am doing a elmo cake with buttercream box cake mix thinking of using indy's buttercream recipe also a rainbow cake-box mix,fudge marble-box mix,white velvet-scratch all these with buttercream frosting and carrot cake -scratch with cream cheese forsting.. was wondering if i baked all the cakes tommorow morning and decoarated them tommorow afternoon how i can store all of them to use sunday for 3 birthday parties..i know carrot will have to be refigerated cause of cream cheese but can i leave all the others out in a cool room or do they need to be put in frig??? any help would be greatly appreciated ..sorry this is so long icon_confused.gif

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 4

Leave them out at room temperature unless using perishable icing/filling. Refrigeration can cause them to dry out.

kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 4

Yes to what CWR said.

Your post is so very hard to read it all runs in ONE LONG sentence icon_sad.gif

That is a lot of work all being done in one dayicon_smile.gif Your cakes could have been baked at the beginning of the week and fzn. The b'cream icing can be made weeks ahead and kept in airtight container in frig.
Then all you would have to do tomorrow is decorate them. In fact, a couple of them could have been decorated yesterday. No need to pile all the work into one day.

ricksgal Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 4

thank you very much for your replies. this helps me alot, would have baked then earlier but been really busy ... Thank You again thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%