Instructions For Baby Grand Piano Cake

Decorating By frenchfancy Updated 2 Jul 2011 , 8:13pm by mena2002

frenchfancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frenchfancy Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 10:11am
post #1 of 8

Hi I am new to this forum and wondered if someone could help. I have just taken an order for a baby grand piano cake for a 60th birthday. Has anyone got instructions for making a similar cake. Not too sure whether to put on pillars and whether the lid should be fondant covered card or pastillage; so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

7 replies
soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 11:05am
post #2 of 8

Hi!! I hope one of these links might help you.
http://www.asliceofheavencakesclassroom.com/2011/02/baby-grand-piano.html

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1240067

If you look in my photos I used the second link to make my little piano. It was not easy but I manage to do it!
Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

CIAO

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 4:14am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by soledad

Hi!! I hope one of these links might help you.
http://www.asliceofheavencakesclassroom.com/2011/02/baby-grand-piano.html

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1240067

If you look in my photos I used the second link to make my little piano. It was not easy but I manage to do it!
Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

CIAO

You did an excellent job on that cake, how did you make the treble clef?

frenchfancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frenchfancy Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 8:37am
post #4 of 8

thanks very much, I think I now have it sorted in my head and done the templates etc. Just need to make it now, but I do have a few weeks before I need to do it.

soledad Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 8

Hi mena2002...Thank you for your comment, I am rather new at this and it means a lot! But I have to tell you I cheated a little on that! icon_redface.gif I have, very artistic kids (30, 27, 24) I asked my oldest to do it for me. I just gave him a dry piece of gumpaste and an edible black marker, he did it free hand. CIAO

mena2002 Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:

Hi mena2002...Thank you for your comment, I am rather new at this and it means a lot! But I have to tell you I cheated a little on that! icon_redface.gif I have, very artistic kids (30, 27, 24) I asked my oldest to do it for me. I just gave him a dry piece of gumpaste and an edible black marker, he did it free hand. CIAO

Oh are you talking about the music sheet? I was referring to the notes on the cake.

But your son did an excellent job freehanding! When I have to freehand I'm terribly shaky.

soledad Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 7:27pm
post #7 of 8

I looked up the word, since I did not know the meaning, but I was unable to get a definition and thought it had to be for the music sheet. I am sorry I gave you the wrong answer. Since it is for the notes on the cake, I found some neat cutters in a little supply store near my house. I would think they would be available at some of those on-line stores. They were not expensive, can not remember how much... it was a year ago! I remember because for this year I made cookies for the recital and use the cutters again!

mena2002 Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:

I looked up the word, since I did not know the meaning, but I was unable to get a definition and thought it had to be for the music sheet. I am sorry I gave you the wrong answer. Since it is for the notes on the cake, I found some neat cutters in a little supply store near my house. I would think they would be available at some of those on-line stores. They were not expensive, can not remember how much... it was a year ago! I remember because for this year I made cookies for the recital and use the cutters again!

Oh no worries. I love how you made the board look like piano keys, such a creative idea, it really makes the cake come together. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%