Will An Agbay Torte Frozen Cake? Help!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 4:45pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:03am
post #1 of 6

I usually torte my cakes once they're cooled, then stick them in the freezer for a day, and stack andcarce the layers when they're still frozen, letting the cake thaw and settle afterwards. Well, I came to work today and realized I had done none of te above. As I am on call at the hospital where I work tonight, I won't be home until tomorrow afternoon to do any of it, so I asked my sweet hubby to carefully wrap the layers and freeze them for me (which he has done before and knows how to do), untorted.

My question is, with an agbay, do you think the torting will work with the frozencake layers? Or am I stuck waiting until they thaw, and losing part of the benefit of freezing them in the first place, their manageability? I would hate to have shot myself in the foot by having proceeded with the freezing ... Thanks for any insight!

5 replies
emiyeric Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 6

Getting ready to take the layers out of the freezer now ... any suggestions, guys?

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 6

I tried using the agbay with frozen cakes and didn't have much luck. It cut the outside that was partially thawed ok but the frozen center was a no go.

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 6

Wish I could help but I have only used it on fresh unfrozen cakes. I bet you could call them and ask. They are very friendly.

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 6

I called and asked and and they did not reccommend it.

emiyeric Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 6

Well, bummer! But I'm really glad I asked, then ... I was getting all ready to try on the frozen layers. Thanks, guys ... I'll just wait for the stupid things to thaw icon_sad.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%