Heart Of A Baker??

Decorating By Kjanelb Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 9:18pm by Kjanelb

Kjanelb Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 8

So I had plans to deliver my first wedding cake on Saturday 6/25 but ended up having abdominal surgery on 6/24. My family and boyfriend were so upset with me because I left the house to go with my mom to deliver the cake Sautrday evening. I didnt do any of the lifting but had to make a few minor repairs/piping while there. I just took a prescription pain pill and went to bed early when I returned home. icon_redface.gif

It was my FIRST wedding cake and a dear friend's wedding that had already had problems with another baker prior to me taking on the order. As a baker, I felt compelled to make sure the cake represented my work well and the bride was happy. It was her big day (and mine too sort of... )

Would any of you have done the same?

7 replies
SarahBeth3 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 8

I would have totally gone, and I'm a LPN...I bad about that stuff though. I'm the first one to tell you to go see a doctor and the last one to go. lol

carmijok Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 8

Probably. But it depends. It's her day...but it's YOUR life. As long as you didn't lift anything and could move around...though how you could with abdominal surgery I can't imagine...then yeah, I would have done the same thing. Glad it turned out well!

Kjanelb Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Probably. But it depends. It's her day...but it's YOUR life. As long as you didn't lift anything and could move around...though how you could with abdominal surgery I can't imagine...then yeah, I would have done the same thing. Glad it turned out well!

Everything did turn out well. She loved her cake. I paid for moving around quite a but that night (hence the popping pain pills. lol) but I think I was running on adrenaline while up and out. I had put so much time, effort and heart into that cake that I had to be sure it was delivered successfully.

http://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/808041/1309224267.jpg[/url]

Valkstar Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 8

Oh wow, your cake is beautiful!!

SarahBeth3 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 1:21am
post #6 of 8

That's so pretty!

platinumlady Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #7 of 8

Yes I would have totally done the same thing. & looking at the cake I especially see why you wanted to make sure all was fine.

Beautiful Cake

Kjanelb Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 9:18pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%