Instant Espresso

Decorating By nikki1273 Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 3:44am by mburkett

nikki1273 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 9

I have several recipes that call for instant espresso. I have looked all over my small town for this with no luck! I know that I can use xtra strong coffee (which is what I have been doing), but I would like to find the espresso. Anyone who uses this, I would love to hear where you purchase it! TIA

8 replies
theresaf Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 9

Nikki, I live in New York and find it at all the big grocery chains. It's a very small glass jar, the one I get is made by Medaglia D'Oro. It's in the coffee aisle, not the specialty food aisle (but you can check where they have other Italian specialty food too!) When I use it, btw, I sift it to make the grains smaller and easier to incorporate. Good luck! Theresa

icer101 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 9

I find mine a the health food stores???

Elcee Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 9

I use the same brand that theresaf uses and my local Safeway carries it, but Walmart doesn't.

Cakeuhlicious Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 9

They have 1 brand at my local Fred Meyer store that I use to make a mocha chocolate mousse.

Fred Meyer is owned by Kroger. Maybe you have one of those? If not, they sell it all over online.

scp1127 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 2:50am
post #6 of 9

Thumbs up for Medaglia D'Oro. I can't get it locally, but amazon has it in various quantities.

madcobbler Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 3:09am
post #7 of 9

Medalgia D'Oro is the only instant espresso I'll use.

steffla Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 3:13am
post #8 of 9

DOtto on the megdalia d'oro it!

mburkett Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 3:44am
post #9 of 9

Funny how this posted today. I just received a copy of a Cuise at Home cooking magazine that had an article in it about Espresso Powder. Pictured is the Megdalia d'Oro which I use (from Safeway). They also mention that standard "instant coffee" isn't a good replacement because it isn't as fine. Also mentions you can find it at Williams-Sonoma, on-line at King Arthur's Flour or suggests the Starbuck French Roast VIA in its place. I'm sure Amazon will have it.

I have an automatic Espresso Machine so I'll usually brew a super strong shot and use that. Power can give you much more intense flavor without adding too much liquid though.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%