Fluff????

Decorating By leefeedesigns Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 6:24pm by labmom

leefeedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leefeedesigns Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:29am
post #1 of 9

Can I fill a cake with fluff? Like straight fluff from the can?

8 replies
PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:51am
post #2 of 9

I tried it once and it didn't work well. Fluff is gooey and it oozed out when the cake was cut. It was okay I guess for the first few pieces cut once they were on the plate. But when you're done cutting pieces, the remainder of the cake just slowly oozed. Fluff is a great filling for cupcakes though icon_smile.gif

leefeedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leefeedesigns Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffCake

I tried it once and it didn't work well. Fluff is gooey and it oozed out when the cake was cut. It was okay I guess for the first few pieces cut once they were on the plate. But when you're done cutting pieces, the remainder of the cake just slowly oozed. Fluff is a great filling for cupcakes though icon_smile.gif

Thank you, I think I might try mixing it with buttercream I also gave seen people mix strawberry cream cheese with it I wonder how it would taste with regular cream cheese. My brother loves marshmallows so im trying to incorporate that into his b'day cake

sweetviolet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolet Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 9

Hi! I've mixed melted marshmallow with buttercream and it worked well. I think fluff would work even better. Good Luck!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 9

There are recipes on this site, buttercream fluff, something like that, and also google it and you will see some also.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 9

I have a recipie buttercram fluff.. if you would like It I will provide it. I was just going to ask if anyone had used it.. it sounds really good but I havent had a chance to try it since i found it. It is in one of my new cupcake books I just bought. I am going to make some tomorow to try on some cupcakes for my grandsons who don't care for regular frosting at all...

Please let me know if you would like it.

joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 6:02pm
post #7 of 9

Here's one I found that I am going to try for a July 4 th cherry cola cake:

2c. butter
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
1 13 oz. jar marshmallow cream (fluff)

Beat butter gradually adding sugar till fluffy. Beat in almond extract. STIR in fluff.

jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 6:24pm
post #8 of 9

My sister loves the Fruit Dip I make so on her birthday I used it as the filling and it worked great!!

1 (8oz.) tub Strawberry Cream cheese*
1 jar Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme

Mix together. I also added fresh strawberry slices to the filling. HTH

*You need to use the full fat cream cheese. I have tried the fat free and it was very runny.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 6:24pm
post #9 of 9

here is the recipie for buttercream fluff.

1 container (16oz) Marshallow fluff
3 sticks (3/4#) unsalted butter softened and cut into pieces
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 confectioners sugar plus any additional if necessary for
desired consistancy

spoon fluff into mixer bowl beat then gradually add butter beating well after additions until smooth, add vanilla and the sugar. add more sugar for desired testure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%