Need Ideas For Silver Cake Stand

Decorating By Rendee Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 7:50pm by Texas_Rose

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 3

I need some clever ideas for a silver cake stand. I am making a wedding cake for my lil sister for Sunday for her "pre wedding" party, since they are going off to get married. She wants a silver cake stand but she can't afford to rent or buy one and neither can I since I am making this cake for her for free. it is gonna be a 4 tier cake w/ cherry blossoms on it.

I have thought about covering a 14 in styrofoam round w/ silver board paper.
Any other ideas or suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!!

2 replies
cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 3

My Brother-in-law & Sister-in-law decided to get married within a 3 week time period of a very limited budget. Hubby & I gifted the wedding and groom's cakes. For the main board of the wedding cake, I covered foam-board (can be bought at Hobby Lobby or Michael's - may be at WalMart or Joann's) that I think was 1/2" thick with Wilton Silver foil and chose a coordinating sheer ivory ribbon to finish the edge. I secured the ribbon with pins that had an ivory pearl head. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1644410

Of course, if you wanted the board/stand to make more of a statement, you could use a larger Styrofoam or cake dummy covered in cake foil and maybe find a pretty metallic scrapbook paper for the sides.

Good luck!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 3

Cover the 14" with gathered silver fabric instead...it will look great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%