How Do I-3D Deer Cake

Decorating By sgregory Updated 3 Nov 2012 , 2:08am by shokamp

sgregory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgregory Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 8

I am supposed to be making a 3d deer cake for my friend's little boy's birthday in a few weeks. I have neve attempted this one, but I have made other 3d animal cakes.

I just wanted to see if anyone had instructions or any experience on how to build the structure for a cake like this?? thank you!

7 replies
10xHigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
10xHigh Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 8

There is an episode from amazing cakes (I think it was that one) that a cakery in the Durham nc area made on on a mount for a grooms cake....might be able to find it on the network website or on YouTube...hope that helps a little icon_smile.gif

jessicakes63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessicakes63 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 8

Below is a link to one in the CC gallery. It knida/sorta tells you how it was made. Hope this helps and good luck!
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2035427

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 8

I would use PVC for the legs, secure them to a wooden cake board base and attach a cake board to the top, then cover with fondant or modeling chocolate.
Good luck!

sgregory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgregory Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 12:42am
post #5 of 8

Thanks to everyone for the help!!

I'm just planning on doing it like a "mount" instead of the whole body standing.

Fernando Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fernando Posted 1 Sep 2011 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 8

I came across this thread--how did your deer/buck turn out? I've been asked to create one for a groom. Any advice?

Definetlydeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Definetlydeb Posted 5 Sep 2011 , 11:13am
post #7 of 8

Hi there...I am a newbie, but I just made one a bit ago.....not sure if this is something you are interested in, but mine was loved, loved by all...I used covered wire for antlers, then covered in fondant, to shape the head and nose of the deer, i used rice krispy treats...it really turned out awesome...take a peek!!!
edited to add, it won't upload my pic, but you can see it in my album here!!

shokamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shokamp Posted 3 Nov 2012 , 2:08am
post #8 of 8

Would love to see it and any insturctions you would be willing to share!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%