Sugar Dlowers

Decorating By SpoiledSweet Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 4:27am by heartsnsync

SpoiledSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoiledSweet Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:50am
post #1 of 2

I am wanting to make sugar or gum paste flowers for the first time. Can anyone please tell me what supplies I should have to make it easier? Also any tips on how to make them icon_smile.gif

1 reply
heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:27am
post #2 of 2

When I first started working with gum paste many years ago I got the Wilton Gum Paste Tool set and a package of Wilton Gum Paste. I understand the Wilton Tool set has been updated recently and is better than it used to be. But in any event, this will get you started and with coupons for one of the craft stores it would not be too expensive of an investment to begin.

Next, there are a lot of tutorials out there including some information to a lot of these found here on CC. Watch the videos on-line and pick an easy flower to start with. Just remember, shortening is gum paste's friend and powdered sugar/corn starch is not so use sparingly. Keep gum paste lightly coated with shortening and wrapped well if you are not using it and place all cut out pieces under vinyl to keep it from drying out as you work on other petals or leaves. I love creating gum paste flowers! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%