Sps System : Do You Leave It There Or Do You Get It Back

Decorating By claribou Updated 2 Jul 2011 , 7:51pm by lorenaortegarox

claribou Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 7

I'm contemplating the idea of buying sps system for stacking my cakes since I'm starting to have order for much bigger cakes.

I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question : do you loose it when used on a cake or do you re-use it on other cakes ? And if you re-use it, do you ask for a safety deposit (sorry for the term, I have no idea how this is called in English) ? And if you don't re-use it, do you add the charge on the price of the cake ? How much does it cost for let's say a 4 tier cake (12-10-8-6) ?

Thanks in advance for your unput on this

6 replies
Genny_yummies Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 7

I'll say I haven't used the SPS system, but want to get it so bad. I would say that you would just get a deposit to cover the SPS system in case it isn't returned, but it should be expected back to be used on other orders.
Good luck!

cakesbycathy Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 7

I have the cost built into the price of my cakes. The pieces are meant to be disposable so I don't have the customers return them.

AnotherCaker Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 7

Heck no I don't want that stuff back, it's disposable. I have reused it when it was for personal use, but no, I do not want it back. It gets worked into the price.

leah_s Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 7

What they said. It is disposable so you don't want it back, and yes, definitely build the cost into the cake.

claribou Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys.

lorenaortegarox Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 7

where do you get an sps system?! i want to try that but i have no clue what it is or where to start

Quote by @%username% on %date%