Your Best 'mounds' Cake Recipe Please!

Baking By countrycakes Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 6:53pm by KodiSnip

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 7

HI, long time no see...I am getting a lot of requests asking if I do 'Mounds' cake, like the candy bar....I need some good recipes. I love coconut, so I know it includes this... I have gotten asked for it both in sheet cake form and in layer cake....anyone care to share? I would appreciate it! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 7

I just made one! I have a son that picks flavor combos you wouldn't expect from a young boy. This year was "a chocolate cake with coconut filling" . Its the sock monkey beach cake in my pics!

I made a chocolate WASC cake (which I find is not really sweet and perfect for this recipe) and I experimented with filling ingredients and came up with this recipe for the filling.

1/2 c sugar
1 can coconut milk (11 oz)
3 cups small Marshmallows
14 oz pkg coconut
Marshmallow creme (optional)

Boil the sugar and milk 1 minute. Remove from heat and add marshmallows. Stir until melted and add coconut. It will thicken as it cools. I like my consistency to be a little bit fluffier so I added the marshmallow creme to lighten it. You could probably add some coconut extract or flavoring to enhance it, but this really tasted like a mounds bar filling.

Hope this helps.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 7

A super easy mounds filling is 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 t vanilla, and one 14 oz bag of shredded coconut. Mix it all together and you're done. It's simple but tastes amazing... just like the candy bar! thumbs_up.gif

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 7

This is the BEST Mounds Bar Cake. Even my brother that doesn't like coconut loves this cake.
1 Yellow cake mix
1 white choc. or french vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 8oz. carton sour cream
8 snack size or 4 regular size Mounds candy bars, chopped
1 cup semisweet choc. chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup walnuts
Combine cake mix, pudding, oil, water and eggs until most of the lumps are gone. Stir in sour cream.
Then stir in candy bars, choc. chips, nuts and coconut. Pour into greased & floured pan. Bake at 350 degrees. Baking time will depend on what size pan you use.

Enjoy!!!

cakesnglass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnglass Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 7

ELLIE1985 - Thnks for sharing will try!!!! sounds delish

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 7

Just wanted to add the Mounds bar cake is wonderful covered in choc. ganache. Also good with choc. butter cream or butter cream flavored with coconut extract if you really like coconut.

Was just thinking about it and thought choc. icing with almond extract would give you an Almond Joy! I haven't tried it but it sounds good.

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 7

Ellie1985 - that sounds YUUUUMMMY! I am going to make that!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%