Lisa2k Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 10:30am
post #1 of

Hi all,

I posted a while back about the Louis Vuitton purse I'm making for a client. Since this is my first purse cake, I did a run through, and realized my sinful, fudgy double chocolate cake recipe was just too moist to carve, even after freezing it. It was a mess! Does anyone have a really good recipe for a delicious and moist chocolate cake that is easy to carve after being stacked and if necessary, frozen?

7 replies
MissRobin Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:46pm
post #2 of

You might try the Chocolate version of the White Almond sour cream cake. I made a purse cake last weekend with the white and it carved beautifully, I froze it first and it did great.

Lisa2k Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 4:31pm
post #3 of

Thank you, Miss Robin! Can I find the recipe on this site?

MissRobin Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 5:15pm
post #4 of

Yes it should be in the recipe section under White Almond Sour Cream Wedding Cake, I think! It has the chocolate conversion with it. Let me know if you can't find it and I willl email it to you. I just made the chocolate version yesterday for my course 3 package cake, it is a really good chocolate cake!

MissRobin Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 5:22pm
post #5 of

Look in the Amish/Mennonite recipe category, that's where it is!!

Lisa2k Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 9:38pm
post #6 of

Thank you again, Miss Robin, I found it icon_smile.gif

I also looked up chocolate cake recipes, and found one for a Mexican chocolate cake that looks interestinng, and not ultra gooey. I was thinking of omitting the cinnamon, and subbing coffee with some melted Valrhona semisweet in it, for the water. That's part of what makes my special chocolate cake recipe so yummy, though I don't think it's what makes it gooey.

Lisa2k Posted 16 Jun 2007 , 8:41pm
post #7 of

Just wanted to update all on the purse cake. Turns out this friend of my sister's thought she was going to get the cake for free (I had done two free cakes for her previously, but she knew that she would have to pay for the next one), so she cancelled it with some lame excuse when I priced it for her. From hereon in, I take a deposit before I order supplies!

All in all, thanks for all your input icon_smile.gif

megamere Posted 17 Jun 2007 , 12:51pm
post #8 of

Save

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%